Monday, January 11, 2016

Name a constellation



Here is a drawing of the constellation The Aardvark.  I downloaded the picture of the stars, made a tracing and then did the not very artistic drawing.

THE STORY OF THE AARDVARK

Kalulu the rabbit was speaking to King Lion. "O Great King," he said. "All the kings on this earth have beautiful palaces to live in, but you, one of the greatest of them all, still sleep under a scrubby thorn tree.  Why don't you have a palace built to show your subjects how great you are?"
"Who can I get to build me a palace?" asked King Lion.
"The ants are the best builders, " said Kalulu. "Just look at that big ant hill they have built. Shall I ask them to build a palace for you."
"Yes," said the king. "Tell them to build a palace fit for the King of all the Beasts." and he shook his black mane and gave a roar to show what a great king he was.
So Kalulu the rabbit ran off and informed the ants that  King Lion had ordered them to build him a new home and the ants called all their friends and relations together and  started to build at once.
 Aardvark heard King Loin roaring. He went to see what was going on.  When he saw lines and lines of ants streaming to the place where the palace was to be built, he drooled with joy. He unrolled his long tongue and gobbled up all the ants. When King Lion came to inspect the site of his palace, he saw no building at all.
"What is the meaning of this, " he asked Kalulu.
""Please, O Great King," said Kalulu. " It is the aardvark's fault.. He has eaten all the ants that were going to build your palace."
King Lion was very angry. He grabbed  Aardvark by his tail and flung him high up into the sky. And there Aardvark is still. you can see him at night trying to gobble up the stars.

2 comments:

  1. Not bad Margaret. I think from your references to Kalulu, aardvarks and Kommetjie, you are a Capetonian like me. We're in Muizenberg, and what I want to do is to get onto the beach one night to lie there and watch things happening. We do that regularly at our cottage beach outside Ottawa, Canada. I hope you're enjoying the course. The last time I did all this was for Girl Guides! Kind regards, Carol Coombe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not bad Margaret. I think from your references to Kalulu, aardvarks and Kommetjie, you are a Capetonian like me. We're in Muizenberg, and what I want to do is to get onto the beach one night to lie there and watch things happening. We do that regularly at our cottage beach outside Ottawa, Canada. I hope you're enjoying the course. The last time I did all this was for Girl Guides! Kind regards, Carol Coombe.

    ReplyDelete