Sunday, December 21, 2014

The end of the year

This has been a wonderful year for me. During this year, I celebrated my eightieth birthday, published my second book of poems, traveled with my daughter Eleanor to Namibia, and also to the Eastern Cape and had all three daughters together with me for the first time in years. How many years? It could be at least twenty.
Other highlights Being invited to read poems at the McGregor Poetry Festival. Having two poems chosen for the Carapace 100 (the bumper issue) Having poems published in the Sol Plaatje anthology. My little Jack Russell(actually Luke's dog) winning the trophy for the best Toy dog at the Boland Regional trials. Being the featured Poet at Off the Wall at Observatory and at Scarborough (reading to a lovely audience of friends) Christmas and New Year will be different this year. Only Granddaughter Danielle and Grandson Luke will be in Cape Town However much satisfaction there has been in looking back on 2014, there is still a sense of anticlimax. But who knows what 2015 may hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment